This work is a revealing chronicle of Hip Hop culture from its beginnings three decades ago to the current, with an analysis of its influence on folks and pop culture in the US and world wide.
• An extensively researched narrative of the history of Hip Hop in four informative, richly detailed chapters
• More than 50 photographs of Hip Hop&aposs major players, scenes, and styles
• An extensive annotated bibliography of print and online resources, plus listings of essential organizations, associations, and programs devoted to Hip Hop culture
• A comprehensive word list of terms and phrases such as “bling bling” and “thuglife”
• Sidebars on fascinating topics, reflecting the recent research and statistical data
• Analyses of the 50 so much influential Hip Hop songs and the 30 so much influential Hip Hop albums