Melbourne is one of the most popular destination in Australia. Its location makes it a perfect place in the country for day trips to other parts of Australia easy.
Australia is a relatively small country. It makes going from Melbourne to other Australian major cities and landmarks doable in a day. I was able to visit other locations with a few day trips while I was in Melbourne. Victoria is definitely one of the better looking states in Australia; it certainly has a lot of things to do and see.
Anyway, Melbourne is in a key place in Southern Australia. The Northern Australia isn’t too far away by plane and Melbourne is next to some of the best landscapes in the world. Why hangout in Melbourne for a week when you can maximize your vacation with a few day trips?
Here are some day/road trips options:
- Marysville – Marysville is Victoria’s rain forest. It’s an amazing to take drive through it cause it has more green leaves than a Cypress Hill, Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalyfa concert.
- Yarra Valley – Yarra Valley is Melbourne’s wine country. It’s about an hour away from central Melbourne. The area is by mountain ranges and city views.
- Sydney – Sydney is Australia’s other famous city. It’s in Mid-Australia and it’s only an hour and a half flight from Melbourne. It’s an easy day trip to take to see the Sydney Opera House, grab a few drinks, and have lunch at some of Sydney’s re-known restaurants. An early flight to Sydney and the latest flight back to Melbourne.
- Port Campbell – Port Campbell is Australia’s pride and joy. Port Campbell is known for its beautiful landscapes — Loch Ard Gorge and the Twelve Apostles.
- Great Ocean Road – Great Ocean Road is Australia’s Pacific Coast Highway. The road passes through Torquay Beach, Apollo Bay, Split point Lighthouse, Loch Ard Gorge, the Twelve Apostles then Port Campbell.
Those are some of the day trips to take from Melbourne. Let us know if there are others in the comment section below. Safe travels!