New York is definitely one of my favorite cities in the world. It’s my 2nd favorite city in the United States after Los Angeles.
I make sure New York is on my travel agenda every year. I don’t go as often anymore. However, when I do go, my trips consists of food adventures and hanging out in Lower East Side. The sightseeing were all done in my first couple of trips, but there is always something to see or do in New York. It’s apart of the city’s charm.
I’ve compiled a list of essential things to do and see in New York. The list has all the big names and few relatively low key things. However, with every list, there is always going to be someone saying, “How did you leave so and so off the list?” Well, the answer is quite easy. It’s my list not yours. Duh?
Without any further ado, here is my essential things to do and see in New York list:
- Central Park – The famous New York park located in Upper Manhattan.
- Grand Central Terminal – The iconic New York terminal in Midtown.
- Rockefeller Center – The famous center with an ice skating rink in Midtown.
- Times Square – The famous Time Square and a symbol of New York.
- 9/11 Memorial – The memorial remembering the 9/11 attacks in Lower Manhattan.
- Statue of Liberty – The symbol of America’s liberty could be seen by ferry or from Battery Park in Lower Manhattan.
- Empire State Building – The famous building that was the world’s tallest building in the world for nearly 40 years.
- Flatiron Building – The iconic building with a triangle shape.
- Two Bridges – The two bridges are the Manhattan and Brooklyn Bridge.
- MoMA – The museum of modern art is filled with contemporary art.
- The Met – The Met is New York’s historical art and artifact museums.
- New York Botanical Garden – The New York Botanical Garden is a green oasis in the Bronx. It’s one of the most underrated sights in New York.
That’s our list of essential things to do and see in New York. It’s a very safe list and there’s nothing ground breaking about the list. Let us know if we need to add other landmarks in the comment section!